LINKS TO SERVICES
YBCSN program supports young breast cancer survivors and their loved ones through services uniquely designed for young women. Here are services that may help you:
- One-on-One Education: YBCSN staffs are available to navigate you through the network of services available for young survivors.
- Please call 1-866-662-0630 to schedule a time to talk to our YBCSN staff
- When calling, please leave your name, phone number and best time to reach you. Someone will return your call.
- YBCS Lunch & Learn Support Group: come and join our group of young women who choose to face breast cancer together. This group is an energized network of single women, young mothers, and middle age survivors who gather for a time of education and support. Lunch is provided.
- YBCS Workshop: join us for a day of support, education and network among young breast cancer survivors and their loved ones. A safe place where
- young women facing cancer share their experiences, support and network
- men openly discuss their concerns guided by a counselor
- children receive special attention by our caring team and registered art therapist.
Save the Date: Spring 2015
Questions: Please call Silvia Camata at 205-975-8656 or email
- YBCSN program provides support services for young breast cancer survivors and their children through a partnership with Oasis Counseling for Women and Children. To learn more about Oasis, please visit http://www.oasiscounseling.org/
- If you would like to learn more about these support services, please call Silvia Camata at 205-975-8656 or email. She will be happy to give more information.
- You will be evaluated by a YBCSN nurse who will assist you in getting the right support for you!
- Restorative Yoga for Cancer: Join us for flowing supported yoga postures, breath work, and meditation designed to help manage the stress and side effects of cancer. Appropriate for all levels and no experience required. All cancer patients with physician’s approval are welcome. Led by instructor Suzanne Graham.
- Wednesdays: August 6th-October 8th, 2014, 12:15-1:15 PM
- Thursdays: August 7th- October 9th 2014, 5:45- 7:00 PM
- Where: Embody Practice Center Birmingham
- Cost: $50 per 10 week session, Registration required. Some scholarships available
- To register email Joyce Crump: email@example.com or call (205) 934-7914
- Visit http://cancerresources-al.org (go to installation and choose your device), or
- The Super easy way — Click on the following link: http://goo.gl/WK95Kz
Then you will have community resources at your fingertips.
- Search by Service, County, or Target Audience –select one or all of them
- Review all the Resources at once (500+)
- Save to your List to email yourself or others
- Save to your Favs (Favorites) for another day
Our partners are organizations, health care providers and advocates who care about young women facing breast cancer. They provide education l support l network services. We invite you to visit their links, and/ or call them to learn more about services they offer.
LINKS TO RESOURCES
National Cancer Institute here you will find up-to-date, reliable and comprehensive information about breast cancer (treatment, prevention, genetics, causes, clinical trials and research) and complementary and alternative medicine.
- 1-800-4-CANCER I 1-800-422-6237 – Website
American Cancer Society offers educational resources and support services. The local chapter partners with YBCSN in supporting the YBCS Support Group. To access services 24/7, please call
- 1-800- ACS-2345